The 10th annual Gasparilla International Film Festival will take place this year starting on March 30, 2016 and ending on April 1, 2016Frestival goers have the opportunity to attend films, receptions, family friendly events and media days at venues across the Tampa Bay area.
The Gasparilla International Film Festival is run by the 501(C)3 Nonprofit Organization, The Tampa Film Institute, Inc. They are a cultural arts institution that inspires, educates, and entertains Tampa Bay’s diverse population through an annual celebration of film, year-round events, community outreach, and social awareness initiatives that foster communication, generate economic impact, and provide support for the film industry of Tampa Bay and State of Florida.
In just 10 short years, GIFF has hosted thousands of filmmakers, talent, producers, and film buffs along with countless World Premieres, USA Premieres, and Florida Premiere film screenings that have brought and continues to bring the arts, education, and quality films to the Tampa Bay Area!
- Film Categories at the Festival include Shorts, Narrative Feature, College Student Films, International, Focus on Florida, Documentary Feature and High School Film Showcase.
- The Tampa Film Institute was founded in 2006 with the inaugural Gasparilla International Film Festival held in 2007
- In just 10 short years, GIFF has hosted thousands of filmmakers, talent, producers, and film buffs along with countless World Premieres, USA Premieres, and Florida Premiere film screenings.
- This year’s special tribute will celebrate the many accomplishments of Oscar, Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe and Tony winner Rita Moreno. GIFF will honor Moreno with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Also, her film, “Remember Me” will screen at the festival.
- In addition to the annual film festival, GIFF provides local residents with monthly screenings of the Global Lens series at the Tampa Museum of Art, and other special film and entertainment events year round.
“An event to be sure to be a part of. The Gasparilla International Film Festival is always growing with excitement and experience. Expectations should be high of this event. The films are always so great and the participants so gracious. Join in the festivities because, it’s a great time!”
“Gasparilla International Film Festival is one of Tampa’s premier events! Incredible films, parties, panels that draw some of the biggest crowds and movie stars to the Bay Area!”
“Gasparilla International Film Festival offers movie buffs the unique opportunity to ask questions to the directors and actors about their new movie, while taking pride in having them debut it here in Tampa!”
Tampa Film Institute, Inc.
Gasparilla International Film Festival
1723 W Cypress St.
Tampa, FL 33606
Media Inquiries: Info@GasparillaFilmFestival.com